This content of this site is still in development.
An External Link is a reference to a URL outside of your website. External links can be used to manage links that are used in multiple places and may need to be updated frequently. When you update an External Link every place that it is used will be updated to point to the new URL provided. External Links may also be used to create links to other websites within your navigation menus. This practices is discouraged, but is sometimes a requirement for a website.
- In the Asset Tree on the left click on the folder name where you wish to create the page.
- Click the "New" menu in the blue toolbar at the top of the page.
- Select "External Link" from the dropdown menu.
- Fill in the Display Name and decide if the link should appear in your navigation menus. Fill in the URL for the link.
- Click Submit to finish
- Cascade will run a spelling check on any text you entered.
- If you see the message "Asset created successfully" your newly created External Link should be highlighted in the asset tree to the left.